1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford or chevrolet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dieselfreak, Jan 27, 2005.

1. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

i was looking at the new F350 but its like 45,000 for the one i want from ford and i built a Chevrolet and i made what i wanted and i got about 43,567 but i would prefer ford over anything but i don't know what i would like because i like power but also Chevrolet has the Allison trany and i like the Allison trany but i hate fords trannys. just wanted to see what both sides can give me an idea of what truck i should get. don't start any arguments.

2. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Ford or Chevy

Im a chevy guy, but with the way things are going for me, I might have to start looking at Fords!

Wait a minute, did I just say that?

Jeff

3. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Ford or chevy

Sorry, I forgot to add this. My buddy (chevy guy too) just bought a ford, chevy dealer asked him to "please not walk around showroom, you are getting dirt all over!" He just got off work, he both own our own dump trucks. We work for our money. Needless to say we left without looking at the USED diesel chevy they had. Drove down the street and "What the heck, lets see what ford has to say. 2 hours later he had brand new diesel F350 crew cab. (we are able to get X-plan pricing on Fords).

He was worried about tranny too. They just redesigned it or whatever (million dollar tranny?)

Anyway, he loves it. He hates to admit it, and I hate hearing it.

He got his for about 37000 after Xplan. If the ford you want is only 1500 more than the one you would be OK with (chevy). Then just buy the Ford.

If you buy a chevy, you prob. wont be happy since you are ford guy. If it breaks, you'll be madder than... If you buy Ford, you won't mind AS MUCH, cause you like Fords to begin with.

I think if I were to go new, I would go for chevy, but the Xplan for me would be something to think about.

Jeff

4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

if you alread know what you want then go buy it. Allison is a much better trans then the fords offering. I bought a Chevy because I thought it fitten my needs better and I thought the motor and the rest of the truck was built better. I still think that although they seem to have gotten some of the bugs outa the new 6.0

Buy what you want be it ford or chevy or honda becasue only then will you be happy, if it turns out to be a turd unload it when the warantee is up, just make sure you wont be way upside down with what you owe vrs what its worth after a few years of paying so you can unload it if need be.

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

new truck

If you plan to spend that kind of money, build a dumptruck. Class 4 or 5, international,ford or isuzu,perhaps even gmc. You will have a truck that can haul and dump as well as battle snow and ice! $43000. for a pickup truck, think about that,it's crazy to invest that kinda doe in such a limited truck. Don't get me wrong,i hav'e been on both sides of the track,purchasing new pickups in 85,89, and 96. When they crossed the 40 k barrier i went to diesel dumptrucks, best move i ever made. Good luck either way>

6. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

My vote is Chevy.

7. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

Go with the Ford SD :) You know what they say "Built Ford Tough" :waving:

8. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

I hate everything ford makes...EXCEPT their trucks. I just bought a new SD F250 CC 3 months ago, and hate to say it, I love it. My previous was a avalanche (chevy) and although a nice truck, it was a mommas toy, not for any type of real work. If your gonna plow, their is NOTHING like sitting up way high in a super duty, no overheat problems cause of the blade and air flow, plow prep from the factory and your ready to go. I got a gasser cause I wanted a crewcab and plowing options, next ones gonna be a deisel, these trucks are tough as shi*.............

9. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Very happy with ford as we just bought 4 new ones within the past two months.