1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford O/D button poll.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MnDLawn, Feb 29, 2008.

Is the plastic piece there?

1. Still There

27 vote(s)
  2. Long Gone

18 vote(s)
  1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

How many of us have lost the plastic ring that goes around the O/D button on the end of the shifter. I have lost all 3 in our trucks, they just don't stay on when you have a plow controller in you hand and your constantly putting it from D to R.
  2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

2001 F150 i dont plow so its still there

KINNCO Senior Member

I have to look:eek:
  4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Oh, you would know. It's annoying. I hate little things like that.
    NOPE! Mine was gone when I got the truck. I will get one from a junk yard this Spring.
  5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

The OD button on the 550 doesnt even work:dizzy:. Never lost an end though

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Still there...but only 15k on the truck...
  7. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I have lost two and bought new ones at the dealer. Luckily, they are cheap. This last one I glued in. Still there.
  8. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

how cheap

what did the dealer charge for them?
  9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Mine still there but I don't use it since it is broke to. It is the third one I put in the dam wires are to dam thin that they keep brakeing from shifting all the time. Ford should have left them on the dash.
  10. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

1 of mine is gone, 1 is still on there. I had intentions of gluing it back on, but it got lost somewhere. Ironically, It fell off in summer not in winter.
  11. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

mines still there but it has fallen off a few times.
  12. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Truthfully, I do not remember exactly. I do know it was no more than $3.50. My hunch is $3.00? I guess it is pricey for a very small piece of plastic, though!payup:cool:
  13. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Mines is still on my truck 1993 F-250, And it gets plw and worked hard to. This truck is my first truck with Overdrive, All other trucks Were C6s and Sticks.
  14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

The F-550 i run a lot of the time doesnt have it anymore. and the overdrive button doesnt work half the time. but thats the least of the trucks problems:dizzy: i am ready to drive the thing off a cliff it breaks down every storm.:mad: