1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford nonturbo for plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trainhorntruck, Oct 25, 2012.

1. trainhorntruck

trainhorntruck Member
    from CT

How are the the 1994 ford F350 nonturbo diesels to plow with i was looking at one to do an acre lot I have. But I was wondering how the power would be with a 9ft plow and 1.5 yard sander ? Also how reliable are they
  2. A.M.Canfora

A.M.Canfora Member

Use to plow with a 88 F350 mason dump that had the non turbo IDI diesel, had a 9ft blade and a pallet of bagged rock salt in the back. truck never was low on power at any point no matter how deep the white stuff got. As for reliability that old IDI diesel will keep running long after the truck rots out around it. I have a turbo one in my 94 F250 have never had any issues with it and I've been driving this truck for about 10 years now.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You'll run out of traction waaaaaayyyyyyy before you run out of power. Get it. It will do very well.
  4. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

86-90 f350 diesel/c6 best plow truck made. 91-94 f350 diesel/overdrive transmission not bad still better than a new truck
  5. alpine779

alpine779 Member

I had that exact year motor in our super duty mason dump. Had a 9' boss v, sander and 2wd. Ran great, Only thing I think we replaced was the water pump and maybe the glow plug relay. Had lots of traction with a load of sand and we never had any problems with pushin snow. We sold it a couple years ago and put the money towards a loader but the guy who bought it in town is still usin it. See it every snow storm. Kinda wish we still had it though as it was a good truck.