1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford/NH 4630 won't start, HELP

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by zabMasonry, Sep 5, 2009.

1. zabMasonry

zabMasonry Senior Member
    from vt

1999 NH 4630

Turns over plenty strong but won't start. Figuring it was a fuel issue i've determined that fuel is getting the the injection pump. Next most likely to me is the fuel shutoff solenoid is bad I've located what I believe is the solenoid (the only electrical hookup to the I-pump, however it is not on any parts drawing i've found) the wire going to the solenoid is delivers current.

If the solinoid is working, should I hear it click?

Has anybody else had issue's with this solinoid,

Any other idea's of what may be wrong with the tractor, I need it running yesterday (what's new). And would really like to have it operational by the end of the long weekend, or shortly there after.

Thanks, Ben
  2. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

On my tractor, the first thing I do to troubleshoot the fuel is crack the nuts that connect the fuel lines to the injectors. If fuel sprays out when the engine is cranked I know there is lots of fuel pressure. My machine is not a Ford though so I don't know for sure If it would be the same.