1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Mount Questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Drew2010, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Hey, I've been creeping around on the site for quite awhile now. Its a great source of information and i hope to be able to display my rig with a plow. Ive found an 8' Western locally for a good price. It comes with all the wiring, but the mount is for an 88-98 Chevy.

So what I'm wondering is there only one specific mount that goes on my truck? I have a 1996 Ford F150 4x4. Is the 250 mount the same for that year? I doubt it is because of the accordion frame rail ends on the 1/2 ton. Ive got severe duty F350 coil springs and if i can get a mount ill be buying the plow? Does anyone know for sure if there is only one mount for my truck? Please post any information you have. And if any of you would happen to have a mount that would be great. Thanks all.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The 250 mount will not fit the 150. What you need is a 61815 mount. That mount fit the 92-96 F150's.

Will have to change the cross harness for the headlights also but thats not a big deal.

3. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

I know this is not the for sale forum, but does anyone have a mount for my truck for sale?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You will have better luck posting in the equipment for sale section. Title the thread with a WTB.