1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Lover Gone Mad

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chrisd, Feb 23, 2007.

1. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

My Favorite Truck 2005 F-350 Psd 8ft X Blade, Just Traded It Last Night For A 2500hd. I Posted A Thread About A Week Ago About An Equiptment Dealer Blowing My Guage Cluster After Hooking My Beacon To The Uplifter Swithces. Almost 2 Weeks Later Still Can't Ge A New One From Ford. Rep Won't Return Phone Calls To The Dealer, We Can't Find Out When The Part Will Be In. They Say It Is A Nationally Back Ordered Part. What Does That Mean???? I'm Very Fustrated To The Point I Traded It Last Night. The Dealers Have Told Me It Could Take A Month Plus To Get This Part. The Truck Only Has 33,000 Miles On In The Past Two Years It Probably Has Spent An Accumulated 2 Months
    In The Dealer For Tranny, Engine, And Now Guage Problems. Is It A Lemon Mabe, But I Have Seen Other People On This Site With Similiar Problems. Every Time It Goes In The Shop It Take A Week Or Two To Get The Parts And Fix It. Would I Loved Anoither Ford Yes, But I Not Up For The Break Downs. It Seems Everytime Something Happens It Is In The Middle Of Winter. My Brother Has Had 2 2500hd's And Hasn't Had Any Problems To Speak Of. We Have Had 2 5500 And Put Over 100,000 Har Dmiles On Them Nad Haven't Had Any Problems. If Gm Parts Are Needed The Usually Show Up Within A Day Or Two. I'm Not Trying To Sart A Ford Vs. Chevy War, But I'm Just Very Frustrated. As I Said Before My 1st Choice Woul;d Be A F-350 But I'm Not Up For The Trips To The Dealer Or The Wait For The Parts.

We Have Waited 2 Weeks And Still Can't Get An Answer On The Parts. One Dealer Told Us They Waited 45 Days For This Same Part.
  2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Welcome!! ;) nothing but enjoyment of your new purchase to come, one day you'll all see the light. LOL :D
  3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Did you get it with the Duramax? I hope your as happy as I am with mine.
  4. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

Yes It Will Be A D-max
  5. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Welcome to the site!! sorry to hear about the problems, but obviously the installer had NO idea what he was doing on the install of the beacon...And all the big 3 have problems!! I know of a couple of D-maxs that were in the shop the 13th and 14th of this month during the big storm in IL for head gasket problems, over heating problems and one had a tranny let go...Now I am a ford man and have always had Fords..my dad has had them his whole life and thats all we run, and we are currently looking to add another. I know of a couple 6.0s with 180k plus on them with no problems. pulling bobcats and what not every day......As far as the parts problem goes I can not explain that, every ford service experience I have had was timely, maybe it is a dealer problem??? Good luck...
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  6. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

As Far As The Hookup Of The Beacon I Think The Shop Knew What They Were Doing. They Work On Them All The Time And Hooked My Back Up Lights One Of The Other Switches A Year Ago.

As Far As The Parts Go The Dealer I Use Waited 40 Days For The Same Part For Another Truck. They Are Considered A Bigger Dealer Ship Because They Do Own Three Of Them. The Truck Is At Another Dealership Which Is The Biggest In Wny Because That Is Who The Truck Equiptment Place Deals With. If I Could Find A Easier Way I Would Have. I Really Didn't Want To Replace That Truck, But On The Flip Side Of Things I Need To Get Moving With Something. The Worst Part Of This Whole Thing Is The Regional Ford Rep Won't Return Any Phone Calls (me, The Dealership, My Dealership, Or The Truck Equipment Place) To Tell Us When He Thinks We Can Get The Part.
  7. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your problems.... But being a Chevy guy I gotta say welcome, I know its hard switching brands. Back when I used to work in the shop of a major construction company here in my home town we had a fleet of Fords. Even if I liked fords before I would have stopped after working on them. They were a pain in my butt. Oh well to each thier own I guess. I have to say....they DO look pretty. :)
  8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you made a good choice. there is no sense in waiting more than 24hrs for any part from the dealer. good luck with your chevy