1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford louisville plow tandem dump

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by rsgetbit1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. rsgetbit1

rsgetbit1 Junior Member
    from chicago

1998 ford louisville dump truck w/ plow

-i am the second owner this truck of which it originally came from a municipality a little over a year ago. I used it to plow a few of my lots and to haul some dirt. It is just too big of a truck to plow my smaller lots. I just use a skid steer now and this beautiful truck is hardly even used.

-14 ft hilbilt steel box that is in great condition-a few tiny dings inside the bed but overall in excellent condition- the lift cylinder is in excellent shape w/ no leaks

-33k miles/4100 hours (all original) on a cat 3126 turbo motor w/ allison 6 speed automatic-very smooth engine, shifts flawlessly, and starts in any temperature including todays -5f morning temp with intake heater

-11 ft flink heavy duty trip edge plow that is nearly new-this plow operates fast and does not feel like a 2000# plow-the plow is very easy to mount/dismount as it only take a few minutes with a quick-attach lever-it is a 4-way hydraulic plow

-heated mirrors

-all rear led lights including flashers (beacon lights)

-all lights work including top strobe light

-front tires are basically new and the rears are virgin at about 70%

-spring front axle is 16k and spring rear tandem is 40k

-rear axle lock

-air brakes w/ lots of life

-very tight turning radius

-double frame

-rear pintle hitch

-central hydraulics w/couplers at rear of truck for spreader w/ spreader controls in cab (no spreader)

-drivers side air ride seat and standard passenger seat-both seats are original and have no tears

-new heater blower motor

-new batteries

-cruise control

-air horn and regular horn

-the paint is in great condition with a few small dings on the hood (original factory orange) and the bed was painted last year and still is in great shape

-this is a true commercial plow truck specifically made for heavy road use

if you have any questions, please call ryan @847-875-7235

see ebay item 180463134516 for more pics and info

SANY0730.JPG