1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford LCF???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SnoPro Inc, Dec 9, 2010.

1. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Anyone using a Ford LCF? I think a cab-over would be awesome to plow in, no hood to look over.
  2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Everyone who has run a cab over truck with a plow seems to like them. You need to also run a sander though or carry alot of weight as traction is an issue.
  4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Remind me to never buy a plow from that guy.
  5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I wonder how many times he's been pulled back up that bank? Tough on equipment? Nah?
  6. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

I watched that video a while ago and thats how i got hooked on cab overs. but the Mitsubishi one is insane price wise. Dude beats the hell out of his stuff lol. I hope for a video of him going through the pile.
  7. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Yeah, I haven't heard any bad comments towards them, if i could find a short wheel base one i think it'd be great.
  8. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

anyone know if they come with a 4x4 option, i swore they did?
  9. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

a cab over may be a good thing.....but a LCF is garbage!
  10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

fuso is the only ones to offer 4wd but its a POS truck, gvwr is only 14,000.... Kinda defeats the entire purpose of the truck...
  11. damian

damian Senior Member

we made a plow frame for a customer (at his insistance) for a 1996 isuzu npr cab over.he mounted a sander on his flat bed and plowed for the city of quincy mass.the plow was a blizzard 8ft straight blade.it never gave him any trouble .the truck ended up turning to powder.used isuzu npr's are cheap except when they break,all the jap trucks are pricey to repair.i have a few customers with mitsu fg's like the video,they are great except in manual trans models the clutches are small and we have replaced his a few times. could have been poor technique as well.i knew a guy that said the best truck he ever plowed with was an old divco mlik truck,people use what they got and some contraptions will surprize you.good luck.