1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford incentives

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I know this isnt the Plow truck of choice, but because im looking at it more for summer landscaping than snow removal, we found a Ford dealer in New Hampshire that has a TON of chassis cab super duties in stock left. They have a fully decked out 201" wb, 4x4 crew cab lariat truck with an msrp of 58kxxx for only $44,600. Now id still have to get a body put on the back, but its over 13k off sticker for the truck alone.

Id get another $1500 off the $10k rugby 12' landscape body too

As good as that sounds, the dealer hasnt gotten back to me about it, called them almost 3 weeks ago and im in no hurry so why pester them again?

Another ford dealer, commercial salesman had a truck listed in Alabama for $41k, but its an XL trim single cab 08 F550... not what we need, but same body i want, the 10k Rubgy 12' already installed for that price. He said, desperately since he knew it wasnt what i was looking for, that they can get the price down to $38,xxx using ford motor credit financing, i think because it applies another 1k rebate. Now if that truck is under 30k before the body, how could the crew cab with some fancy stuff add 14-15k? I think the 44,500 price of the New Hampshire dealer could be a little better, and since it appears they have a few dozen trucks similar to this, im not worried it would sell out from under me. All of these offers are good until the end of September so i have some time to wait :)

Anyone else see anything similar offered? I hate to wheel and deal, but if one dealer cuts me a price that i know is lower than the other, but that dealer has the truck that i want, he should be able to come down, make the sale and offload another big a$$ truck off his lot.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

keep at it man. if its something you really want (actually...need) then scope out the best deal. is that 550 in alabama a 2wd or 4wd? also which dealer in NH?

3. Ramairfreak98ss

You know it doesnt say, mentally i always assume all bigger trucks have 4x4 but they dont, a LOT dont actually, probably 75% of the f550s you see landscapers owning are 2wd trucks, im always amazed when i see they arnt 4x4.

http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/find/listing/2008-FORD-F550-90921822

Thats the one thats 43k in AL, they'd knock another 4k off of that price too.

This is the dealer in NH.. http://www.commercialtrucktrader.co...Ford--Sales-Department,-(800)-664-7504/851310

They have a ton of stuff up there so im guessing its a large dealer.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Call back the first dealer and ask for the sales manager and tell them a sales guy blew you off .Then tell him your about to go to the other dealer but are giving him one more chance to sell you something.

5. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

that some times works but the dealers around me are dicks and dont care

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you realy want to get back at them call Ford customer service and tell them . I did that about 6 yrs ago and the dealership called me!

7. Ramairfreak98ss

good idea. Not sure why i never got a return call, especially with one of dozens of trucks they cant move :/ It hasnt been my top priority for the last week anyway since business has slowed suddenly and were trying to line up all of our equipment for the winter like plows and spreaders so id like to get that done first. If i get a good enough deal on the F550 though, it can sit 90% of the winter for all i care, ill keep it at our other rented building that has a large storage area and barn so its covered from the elements. I cant see us adding the F550 to our plowing trucks this season because of A. cost of the truck total, plus B. would need a rather large expensive spreader and at least a 9'2" Boss plow which is 5k.

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Hey let me know what exactly you want and I can probably get you even a better deal on a truck.....

9. Ramairfreak98ss

thanks.. after seeing the steals on F350s and duallys, its hard to even consider an f450/550 even if its much heavier duty.. This is what i was looking at though, i think originally it was $44,600 ~, now 44,100. It doesnt have to be a lariat, can be an xlt model. I thought it was awesome that this thing came with NAV already built in though and some fancier sound system and heated seats, stuff even my 06 doesnt have.

10. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

They have some stellar deals on trucks right now here in Mich. Found 2007 F-350, SRW, 4X4, Auto, XLT, Single cab, V-10 8' box, with an 8' western pro plow already on it for 11,500. This is freakin amazing. They just can't sell these trucks so there trying to give them away and still can't sell them. If I was in the market for a truck I would be buyin 2 atleast.

11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to kinda hijack this thread, but firelwn82 can you give me the # and info of the dealer that the truck your talking about is at!

12. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah ive seen a lot of XL single cabs with plows and spreaders already, just wish the truck was more what im looking for or something i could use, like a diesel and crew or extended cab.. most are lower end gas trucks just to use for plowing only.