1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Front end seals

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Hubbscaper, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Hubbscaper

Hubbscaper Junior Member

Both of my ford super duty's have around 10,000 miles on them and are only a few years old, yet they both have a dust seals in the front end gone. The dust seals are on the front axels and look like front axel seals, but are apparently just outer seals that prevent dirt from getting into the inner axel seal and ruining that. My mechanic says that all Superdutys have this proboblem and i shouldnt worry about it until the actual front axle seals go, but I;m not so sure I want to do that with the trucks i depend on for plowing. Anyone else encounter this problem and if so did you fix it?

2. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I will have to go out and look at my truck tomorrow... Haven't had that problem yet 2006 F350. I'll let you know

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

My mech. said the same thing- Got 90K on my 04 and, knock wood, no issues so far. Kind of a shi!!y design but Ford factory front end components are like that.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

No issues so far on my 250 with 60K on it.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I got 160K on a 99 and they have been gone since 40k or so. No issues yet. Had to do Ball joints at 120k and just did a front hub.

It holds a 8.5' Fisher V.