1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford front coil spring installation

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Brian Young, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

There has been quite a few threads on front spring upgrade for Super Duty's so I thought I would share my experience. First off, I didn't do it myself, I had the dealer do it. I had the 5200lb springs but with the addition of a back drag edge to my V blade, the plow was scraping the road on dips and bumps so I upgraded to the 6000lb springs. The actual installation was only about an hour or so, I didn't really notice any height difference (maybe an inch if any), the ride was just the same. The springs cost me 73.00each (I use to be a mechanic there....they still hook me up with employee pricing, I love those guys,lol) and the installation was around 125.00. I cant comment on the difference with a plow, mine is still at Jerre's getting serviced. I can say we added about 1600lbs of capacity going from 5200lb springs to 6000lb springs. As soon as I get the plow back I will definitely let you know. The spring code is "C" like some one said in another post. So, hopefully this helps the guys who were wondering.