1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford floor mats

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tom Smith, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

I know this has been asked before.... but what are the best floor mats for a ford.... i need something that will cover the carpet best and has edges to hold in the water !! shouldnt have gotten carpet but it came with the lariat package...........

2. pharden

pharden Junior Member

floor mats

Without question i would go with the Husky Liners. You can get them from Cabelas. The only downside is that because they hold the water sometimes in the morning you now have a chunk of ice on the floormat from the frozen water which i just throw out. :sleeping:

3. the best mat is the rubber kind. They hold the water when the snow melts and if you have the heat on the floor, the water sometimes will evaporate. The rubber 'slush' mats came as part of the FX4 Level II package with my truck. If you have a new truck go to the ford dealer and see if you can get ones that say something like 4X4 or F-150 or something.

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I vote for Husky Liners. I have had a set in my 96' since it was new. They have held up great and the carpet still looks like new. I put a different brand in our Excursion and I hate them. They are really hard to clean and don't protect the carpet that well. Get the Husky Liners you will not be disappointed.

5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I agree with everyone about the Husky Liners. One thing you'll have to be aware of is that they only collect so much melted snow before the water sloshes around and goes up and over the edge of the liner while driving your truck around. When I'm going to have a lot of in and out of the truck, I place a small sponge along the back corner and periodically squeeze it out when I return to the truck.

I bought all of mine through www.summitracing.com

Just my .02¢
    Rick

6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Good idea on the sponge. When I get out of the truck I usually just pull the back corner of the mat over the door seal and bend it down a little to let the water run out but the sponge would take care of the water before it had a chance to soak my feet.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Another vote for huskey liners. :nod: When they get full of water or mud, they can easily be dumped or washed out.

8. Well I guess when I'm in the market for new mats I should check out the Husky ones. You can get them from Cabela's you say? I'll have to check them out there then. I'm always in need of an excuse to go there!

9. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I have the catch all, they are a little fancier then the husky liners, you can hose them off, they are carpeted and look alot nicer then the rubber mats.

The carpet on them actually looks to be of higher quality then the carpet in my F-250 super duty!

Got them at Summit racing, they are custom fit

I had husky in my old blazer, they are durable but I found them to be a bit too slippery for other people getting in the truck

10. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks for the responces guys... looks like the majority say Husky liners... i will take a look at them..... Dont ever buy the fox weather boot liners ... they are custom molded plastic liners... I went to there location and it is a bunch of hillbillys running the place and to make them work in my truck they would have to be cut up......