1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F550 Fuel Pumps FYI

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sefh, Jan 13, 2009.

1. sefh

sefh Senior Member

We have two of these trucks at work that are 08 models with diesels with less than 1000 miles on them. In the past two days both of these trucks have been towed to dealership. The trucks loose power then die. Today, our tech overheard that there are having problems with these fuel pumps. I don't know if there has been a recall yet but I'm sure there will be one soon.
  2. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I've had a similar problem on my F550, they thought it was the fuel tank delaminating, which was common but turned out to be fuel filters......
  3. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I know that people are having problems with the air filters getting full of ice I would check that also I know a guy with three truck and had that problem, ford started putting OEM covers on due do all the air they suck there getting snow and ice build up in filter.
  4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I have yet to have the air filter get filled with snow/ice.

The HFCM was replaced last month.

Just my .02¢
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i had mine freeze up this winter...

zoodad is not such a hot mod for these trucks...let's the snow right in there..