1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F350 whats a good plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snowboundny, Aug 19, 2010.

1. snowboundny

snowboundny Junior Member

I now have a 2007 Ford F350 ext. cab 8'bed 6.0 diesel, I had a 2001 F250 with a western plow but I was told it won't mount on the F350. So I need to get rid of that plow and get a new one, I just plow some of my rental units and some family members. The only reason why i had the western plow on the F250 is because it came with it. I don't want to spend a lot of $$$$ for a new one. The western was good but are there new ones out there that I won't have to re-mortage my house to get???? Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What wrong with the Western? Mortgage your home and buy a Boss V plow!

3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

If the plow is good. Why not just buy the mount and new wiring for your truck. :confused:

4. snowboundny

snowboundny Junior Member

From what I've been quoted for a new mount and wiring harness plus to install everything I'm not that far from buying a new one. How are those Blizzard plows??? I've been reading about them but haven't seen any prices as of yet on them.

5. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Well if that is the case just go buy a 8.5ft. fisher and call it a day.payup ;)

On a for real note i dont know to much about blizzards.

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Put a boss on it!

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher XLS.........:salute:.....

8. Matson Snow

Is that a Western on your Truck...Whats wrong with Western?????

9. ajslands

Na it's a boss. Remember it's red! That's how you can tell it's a boss! :laughing:

10. Matson Snow

Western-Boss,same thing.....Right Grandview???....:gunsfiring:

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Only if your blind and can;t touch it.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As for the Western mounting on the new truck.....it depends if its a Unimount or Ultramount. If it's a Unimount they don't make a mount for that truck. Headlight wiring will change with either, but if its an Ultramount you can just buy the truckside mount and harness and be set. If its a Unimount, you can get Ultra brackets and a conversion kit to be able to use the Unimount plow.

That being said, an 8' straight blade plow would probably be best for your application. Either Western or Boss are good plows. Blizzard makes a good plow as well.

I'm selling a few used Ultramounts in very nice condition if you're interested. I take trade ins too....... BUT upstate NY is a hike from me ;)

13. ajslands

I'm selling my Boss plow but pull have to buy mount and wiring