1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford f350 w/ 5.9 Cummins

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Andy's Beast, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

wow that is an unbelievable truck. new style front end and that orange graphic actually looks pretty sweet. love how when you get a new truck, the dream truck pops up for a great price.:dizzy: whoever gets that thing is gonna love it and im jealous

3. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

Not me but its done all the time, a dedicated site here: http://www.fordcummins.com/

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Not a bad looking truck, I would have cleaned up the motor before the swap...
    I have a 06 f-250 (1200 original miles) with a CR cummins out of a early 04 dodge. Should put down a little over 1000hp to the wheels by March :}
    Robert

5. rob_cook2001

6. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

see it all the time..17500 is high tho if you ask me!

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I did a Common Rail Cummins in my Excursion.
    Here is teh article i did for 4 wheeler magazine on the swap.
    Destroked Excursion

8. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

I read that..very interesting. I helped a fella over on TDR getting his Ford A/C and Cummins vistronic fan to work together. As you know swaps like this can be very time consuming.

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmmm.... Maybe I will have to go take it for a test drive! lol

10. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

wow that conversion stuff sure looks hard....wish i knew how to do it...i'd re power one of mine but i would prolly pay more on having someone do it then i would on a new one:laughing:

11. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

For a 6.0 replacement in a heartbeat. For a 7.3 powerstoke, I don't know if I would be that gun ho on it. To update a 7.3 IDI... Yes it might be easier to update to a 12v Cummins

I know of an 89 where they replaced the 460 with a 5.9 and it still sees lots of use pulling trailers.

12. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

superduty + cummins + allison = ultimate truck <3
    rob_cook2001 got any pics or more info to share about your truck? build up pics? would love to see more on your truck!

13. rob_cook2001

I will get some pics up in the next few days. All I have left is the wiring... which is the worst part lol. And IC pipes. The truck is a 06 excab short box 4x4. Fully loaded with leather. I bought it brand new in 06, put 1200 miles on her, put in a role cage and pulled the motor lol. I built the 6.0 then before I even put it in i changed my mind and built this cummins. Cut pistons, race cam, head studs, race valve springs, rocker studs, flux 6 injectors, twin pumps, aurora 5k turbo, full built ATS trans, and a lot of Nitrous:)
    The wiring will take me a wile because I suck at wiring but should be a blast when it's done. Should make 1000-1100hp to the wheels.

14. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

If I remember correctly, the Disel Power Challenge had all but 1 ford trucks running Cummins. I see the Cummins powered fords all the time on weekends when I'm pulling my truck. I cant touch a cumming with mine, but I can run with most Duramax's. Them CR Cummins are crazy powerul.

15. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Rob how do you think the ats tranny will hold up? Seems like more guys are going with. Bts now

16. rob_cook2001

I know the ATS will hold up as well or better than any others out there. Not ragging on BTS, Brian makes a good trans to. We have a ATS stage 6 in my brothers race truck. His truck runs 11.9's on fuel with 35inch tires and we beat the HELL out of it on the street. I will say once you get over 600hp no trans will live forever, the only thing we have had to replace in my brothers trans is a set of clutchpacks. Thats with about 25k miles, 15-20 hooks on the sled and about 200passes down the track.
    Robert

17. oxman504

oxman504 Junior Member

I know this is a old thread and this is some what of a high jack , but might you want to share how? I have a 2005 CTD in my 2003 F550 and can't get the fan to come on with the ac. It comes on when the engine temp gets to 200F so I know the fan works. I have the fan and ac pressure switch wired right because it is the stock wiring harness and I did a pin out to make sure there were no shorts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.