1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford f350 2006 dually vs single rear wheel front hight?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I have both, our new dual rear wheel 06 F350 is a LOT lower in height than our other 06 f350 long bed.

Im looking to get a 9' SD XT straight blade or 9'2" V XT plow for it.

Both are diesels, both 4x4, only difference is srw vs drw.

If i stand in front of both trucks

The Ford badge in the center of the grill is at my belt buckle on the dually and on our non dually, the badge is almost 3-4" above my belt. Why?

How much "inches" height difference is there between 5600lb springs up front vs the 6000s on my srw? Could that make up this much difference?

Im worried that my srw Boss plow mount is JUST at 15" when its supposed to be 15.5", the new dually will need the darn mount WAY up in the bumper, i know im gonna have to hack the heck out of it to get the mount to fit high enough

Anyone else plow with a dually?
  2. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I know my SRW F-350 with 6000lb coils was slightly taller than my 06 F-450 with 7000lb coils.....but the F-450 weighs 1500-2000lbs more.

Not sure if that helps.

Personally, I'd just toss some 7000lb coils on your DRW. Right around $54 each from Ford.