1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford f250 stuck in 4wd low.....

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by markmess2000, Oct 2, 2005.

1. markmess2000

markmess2000 Junior Member

I was switched into 4wd low and parked... I then didnt need 4wd I turned the switch and it stayed in 4wd low..... I cant get it out ..... so I took the "motor" that switches it into and out of 4wd off the transfer case.. and manually switched it.... anyone ever have a problem like this what was the result?
  2. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer Junior Member
    from mtka,MN

I don't want to assume but you did have the transmission in neutral when you tried to shift back. I have forgotten to do this before. Only easy thing I can think of.
  3. markmess2000

markmess2000 Junior Member

I dont remember... but I have done this before and not had it in neutral
    this time I know I did try it in park, and in drive... I have been rolling and switched out of 4wd.... I shouldn't???
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

I have a 02 that does this almost everytime I use low range, I also have a ell of a time getting it to lock into low. a lot of times it never does.
  5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Most times 4-Lo on any vehicle I've had engages/disengages better with the transmission in neutral and rolling from like 3-5MPH.