1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F250 Question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by trip5981, Jan 13, 2010.

1. trip5981

trip5981 Junior Member

I'm new to the site so my apolagies if this has already been discussed.

I have a 2006 F250 that I am putting a Meyer plow on. Everything is mounting up the way it should with exception that the sway bar is in the way. A friend who worked on fleet trucks told me there was a sway bar relocator kit for Fords when you put snow plows on them. When I called the local Meyer dealer they had never heard of this.

Has anybody else had this problem or know of a relocator kit for the sway bar.

Thanks in advance
    Trip5981

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Cant answer your question but wanted to make sure you know that if you have to, you can drive it without a sway bar until you get it resolved

3. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

What kind or mounting system do you have? My is a EZ Classic and it doesn't even come close to hitting my sway bar, or are you talking about the track bar?

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I have ran into this once before, I was trying to put an early style (99-04) MDII mount on a newer 05 -07 F250. I solve the problem by using the newer edition MDII mounting kit.

5. trip5981

trip5981 Junior Member

I think it's a EZ Classic. The one with the removable hoop. I guess it could be a track bar not real sure. The bar bolts to the frame and has pins that go down to the front of the suspension. After removing bar the plow mounted great but friends are telling me it could cause problems when towing.

6. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

My plow is also the EZ Classic. I strongly do not recommend leaving off the track bar. It holds your axle centered on your truck frame. By taking it off you put all that load on the springs and other components. I don't know what the difference as to why your mount is causing this problem. Make sure you have the right mount. I know our trucks have sometimes had a different mount half way through a year because of design changes from the factory. I would do some more research in the matter. Sorry I am not much help, I am trying to find a answer for ya.