1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F250 Orange light is on??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ribar, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Ribar

Ribar Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hello guys,

I just got back home with a 2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel. I noticed the orange light came on when the car runs, does anybody know what that means? The light is located in the top right corner next to the speedometer. It has Western 7.6 plow installed on it, so maybe that has something to do with it, i don't know? I don't have a manual, it didn't come with the car.

Thanks for any advice.

2. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

Are you talking about the check engine light? Or the Overdrive off light?

3. Ribar

Ribar Junior Member
    from Chicago

Actually it is a engine air filter light. I found the user manual online and that's what the manual says. So i will go tomorrow and replace that. :)

4. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

oh that's on the left on my truck! you might not have to replace it it could be the cover is coming off that happened to mine once

5. Ribar

Ribar Junior Member
    from Chicago

ahh cool, ill take a look in the morning to see everything is in place. :) I figure all F series have the check lights in the same position, i was wrong. :)

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Air Filter Check Light.

Sometimes the element will snap off...Mine has. It sticks out the back of the Air Filter, and will have a condom looking thing inside of it.