1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DJC, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Just have a quick question, I just bought a 02 F150 with offroad package but it does not have the plow package on it. (that I can tell) I'm going to be mounting a 7'6 on it this fall and need to know what kind of upgrades i need done to the truck. bigger alt, maybe front airbags. Any info on what is done for a plow package. THANKS in advance

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

order the 7700 torsion bars...they came on the light duty f250's and bolt right in...

replace battery with largest one you can fine...1200CCA or better..

alt is already 130amp....any bigger and its custom..and not needed..

750lbs in the bed....

you're done....

3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks for the info, Do I have to get the torsion bar from Ford ??

4. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

was the trans cooler part of the tow package?...think they usually are...if so make sure you get a nice big trans cooler

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

It has the tow package but I will have to check on the trans cooler though.

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

tow package gets cooler....but you can always add on to it...but it's not really needed imo..

take it easy on it is most important.....REMEMBER...it's a 1/2 ton and a 7'6".....NOT a 350-9'

yes...bars must come from ford...i had numbers somewhere but a goggle will find them too...FORD TRUCK WORLD has the nest info on this....look around there for 7700 info

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=589897