1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F150 XLT 4X4

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LyndaL, Oct 27, 2005.

1. LyndaL

LyndaL Junior Member
    from eastern

HI

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the types of plow that may be used for a Ford F150 XLT 4X4. I went onto the Boss web site and put in the vehicle type and recieved a response no attachments suggested.

I am hoping that doesn't mean I purchased the incorrect vehicle for snow plowing.

Please let me know what you think
    Lynda

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

No, you did not purchase an "incorrect vehicle" for plowing. Most major plow companies make mounts for the F-150. You have 4X4, you can plow.

Tell me a little more about the truck, cab and bed configuration, engine, do you have anything like the tow package? Also, it would be helpful to know to the year of the truck. What type of plowing and how much plowing do you plan to do with this truck? I can help you more with this info.

Based just on what you have said, there is no question that you can plow with the truck, however additional info will get you more specific answers.

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

3. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I have a 2003 F150 XLT FX4 Flairside, And I put a 7.6FT Snow-Way on it.

4. 24-7

24-7 Junior Member

I have a 7.5 sno-pro 3000 on my 93 f150 ext cab short bed.

5. westwind

westwind Member

I think meyer also makes a plow/mount kit for your truck.

6. go plow

go plow Senior Member

go with the meyers stl 7.5 i had one they work great,

7. Big Human

Big Human Junior Member

Please, Provide more information regarding your truck. Year, Engine size, Cab, box. If it is an older Ford(older than 97) have your ball joints and tierods checked out before you put the plow on.

I have plowed with almost every form of pick up truck made. I'm currently plowing with a 98 F150 Super cab 4.6L and a 7'6" western pro. I have been totally impressed with the power and reliablity of this truck in stock form. I normally, do not recommend for an commercial plowing going with anything under a 3/4 ton truck, do to the wear and tear.

Here is information direct from Boss's website.

Truck Specifications
    Year 1994
    Make Ford
    Model F150
    Drive 4 Wheel Drive
    Cab Regular
    Bed Long
    Wheel Base 133
    Rear Wheel *
    Engine *

Has listed all 7'6" blades.

Truck Specifications
    Year 1998
    Make Ford
    Model F150
    Drive 4 Wheel Drive
    Cab Regular
    Bed Long
    Wheel Base *

Has a good list of 7'6" blades as well

With the Crew cab Boss knocks down the length to 7'.