1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F150 with a Bizzard Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vball2116, Jan 8, 2005.

1. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Hey everyone,
    I was wondering if a Ford F150 could hand a Bilzzard Plow on it. I think i should install timbrens on the front end and do you think that would work out as a good comercial plow?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

What year F150?
    What's the capacity of the front axle?

You could fit the smaller blizzard plows on it probably.

The larger ones...no way.

3. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

Sorry Jeff , no 1/2 ton will make a good commercial truck unless you beef up the springs, at least to a 3/4 ton , ideally to a one ton. What size is the plow? A 1/2 ton can make a great residential truck if you take precautions that you can read in many other posts.

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Your truck is too light for a commercial plow.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

The Blizzard 760LT would be great for your truck, tell me a little more about it, engine, cab, axle ratings, year, etc. If you set it up right and maintain it regularly you should be able to plow some parking lots. Sure its not a 350 but it will do the job for light commercial and would be great for residential. I would not plow the entire supermarket parking lot but little stores and offices for example would be fine.

6. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

hey everyone,

Yeah i really do like the Blizzard 760 lt it does seem like a nice plow for the truck. Ive still got a few months before I buy the truck because i turn 16 in a few weeks. Im just looking at trucks because thats what I would like to buy as my first vehicle and try to do some work with my uncle because he does snowplowing. But the F150 seems like a nice truck to do residential plowing work on. Thanks for the info.

Jeff

7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

vball.... private message me your email. please

8. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Hey mark I would give it to you, but i get this thing saying that I can't send private messages and also i tried sending you an email but it said that you wernt accepting them.

Jeff

9. PremierLand

from detroit

k, try sending me an email now. thanks

10. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Mark, no luck it is still saying that try to send me an email if you can?

11. PremierLand

from detroit

thats weird.. it wont let me send em to you either.... i think its because you dont have enought posts yet... anyway, post your email on here so I can get it, and then click edit and delete your email addy 5 min after you posted it.. if that makes sense.... thanks

12. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Did you get it?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  13. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Why wouldn't you plow a big lot with the 760LT. Might take you a little longer than with a bigger plow, but if that is all your truck can handle then you have to do the job. What's the difference between plowing 20 driveways or 3 parking lots. As long as your not pushing 6 inches, what's the big deal???

Seems to me that as long as you are careful, take your time and be sensible, the 760LT will be fine for all the plowing you want to do with it.

14. cja1987

If you read my post you will find that iam not referring to the plow but the truck. There is nothing wrong with any plow that blizzard makes, i would use any of them in any situation. I was saying that a bigger truck is what normally does large parking lots. Iam not saying the truck is bad either, just that if you want to plow large commercial lots that a bigger truck might be in order for many reasons. My F-150 has held up to anything i could throw at it, but it would take me twice as long to do large lots as it would a bigger truck. Thats all iam saying, i never said anything about plows not being capeable.

15. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

CJA - OK, easy there. Just a question, not starting an argument...

16. insnow4fun

insnow4fun Member
    from Indiana

got me thinking here....

is installing timbrens and tweaking the tortion bars, and upgrading to 3/4 ton springs all the same thing?

please let me know.....

17. cja1987

Not really, timbrens will not make a 1/2 ton a 3/4 ton. Cranking T-Bars and/or adding timbrens will not take much stress of the truck just reduce sag.

18. insnow4fun

insnow4fun Member
    from Indiana

ah, so i think i am catching on....

if i didn't add timbrens, crank the t-bars, or replace the t-bars with the 7700# t-bars, the front would drop when lifting basically any 7'6" plow, due to the relatively light rating of the f150.

so i will add timbrens or crank the t-bars, or replace the t-bars with the 7700# variety, to allow me to carry the plow without the front dropping. so with these additions, practically any 7'6" plow will be a good plow for the f150.

am i getting closer? any other things to worry about with a 7'6" plow on a f150?

19. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I drive a 2003 xlt ex. cab F150 with a 760lt Blizzard Blade and the truck handles the blade well. I did install timbrens and truck barely drops now. I plow mostly driveways, but do have a couple small lots to plow. Im very pleased with the puchase thus far. My truck does NOT have the 7700 package. Here are a couple of pics of my truck.

100_0612 (Medium).JPG

20. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

heres another pic

100_0417_0001 (Small).JPG