1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford f150 plow package coil spring part number,

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Robber80, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

I know i know, shouldn't put a plow on a half ton. well actually i'm only putting it on for a few driveways, and i talked to my dealer and they said thats fine, but they would like me to put the heavier springs in. Only problem is, they can't find the partnumber without a vin #. So i'm tryign to find the 4300# fgvw for a truck with the plow package.

Also, where i can find those Air Bag setups?? I'm not sure what brands people where using.

Sorry, i forgot to say, its a 2006 f150. I found a lot of info on this subject here on this site.
    THank you for your help!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

not sure on spring codes.

Air bags, there is firestone and air lift are the big 2 that i see. I have air lifts as that is what my local performance shop carried, they have held up fine for 3 years now.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

The new F150's are coil over shock's. Heavier springs are listed in the truck builder book that the dealer will have on there desk. Goto the suspension section for the F150 and ignore the rest of the garbage and look for the FGVW listing and find the one with the heaviest spring. Have them do a build spec on that truck and give you the part #.

Spacer kits are avail to lift the front end 1 - 2" from several mfg including DAYSTAR who had one of the nicest kits to install. A spring compressor is necessary to do the job though.

Jerre

4. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

awsome, thats what i'll do then. I knew they were coilovers i just want the heavier coil spring that comes with the plow package. Thank you.