1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford f-450 pick up truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stslawncare, Nov 30, 2003.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

hi guys, yesterday during my travels i saw a newer style ford f-450 pickup truck. in the past i have only seen f-450s as dumps or stake beds. it was a dually and had compartments built into the bed (not like utility bed compartments) making it look like a pickup. is this a new model made by ford? when did they start? any one have any info on it? price? stuff like that

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

There are a few companies that will install beds on the chassis cab trucks. This sounds like a very custom bed since it has compartments in it. Ford does not sell chassis cab trucks with beds, but you can order them with beds and Ford does a ship thru upfitter. A company that installs beds, dumps, etc. and is warranteed by Ford. What you saw was most likely an aftermarket bed someone had put on. If you visit "www.thedieselstop.com" and go the the forums and 'Towing and Hauling' section look for a locked thread on F450 and F550 beds. Large list of upfitters.