1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F-350 Dual Battery

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 6, 2005.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

This is a 2004 F-350 SRW with the 5.4 V-8 just wanted to post pictures of the dual battery setup with the plate I got from NW wrangler. I used 2 Red top Optimas. It got rid of the dimming!
    if you have any questions let me know.

DSC01358.JPG

DSC01359.JPG

DSC01360.JPG

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

I have the same truck only its a 01 and I was wandering what you did about the vac canister and how much for supplies? Thanks!

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

The plate was around $160 the canister relocates under the air intake. The bracket that holds it now bots down there to the side of the plate. One problem is you have to have just the right size battery. Normal batteries won't fit the Optimas fit great. They are the largest cranking red Tops 800 CCA

4. ford 350

ford 350 Junior Member

Ditto that. I have a 99 250SD and was wondering the same thing about that canister. Gatewayuser, where are you in cincinnati? I'm on the west side.:redbounce

5. ford 350

ford 350 Junior Member

opps. You answered my question as I was posting, about the canister I mean. Neuswede what is NW wrangler? Aftermarket catalog? Do they sell a bracket for relocating the canister or did you fabricate it yourself? Do you have the stovk alternator on your truck?

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I will try and get a picture of where the canister is tomorrow. works nice, they didn't send me the right one for my year but I made it work.
    I'll get it up tomorrow evening. Got nothing else to do, just waiting on snow.

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Here is the direct link to the kit I got. mine was just missing the canister bracket you see. I thought it was included but I am still following up with them.
    They offer a solenoid but it is like $260 and frankly I don't think it is worth it, just wired them in line works great.

Yea Stock Alternator charges them both great. Might upgrade in the future.

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

9. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

ford 350
    I'm in Warren County. Are you ready for the storm on Thursday, sounds like its going to be a good one and my first time plowing. 9 says we will get 2-4":nod: :waving:

10. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

i hope we get dumped on, my plow arrives today so it will be a race to mount it, no trying to hi-jack your post, good setup, got a dual setup on my jeep for all my offroad stuff, going to be doing that on my truck also

11. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

hey NWS nice settup, those optima redtops wont have any problems cranking her over on a cold morning, now you just need remote start to let them do there thing from the kitchen window before heading out lol

12. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

The red tops are great and fit snug. I do need remote start, it sucks running out in the cold to start it and run back in! If we get a few good storms I will treat my truck to it!
    thanks for the comments
    Will get a picture of the canister up tomorrow no time today

13. ford 350

ford 350 Junior Member

Gatewayuser, I,m sort of ready. My trucks been in the shop for a week and a half. It was making a screach noise in reverse, acting like it was slipping. Tranny was rebuilt 5k ago. They couldn't find anything. Replaced both sprags. The noise hasen't come back yet. But it still feels like it's slipping in reverse. Funny thing is, it goes away in 4wd. I haven't gotten many accounts lined up yet (1st year). So I'll be okay. Nuesdude, way cool bracket on that link. Post your pics when you have time. Thanks.:redbounce

14. ford 350

ford 350 Junior Member

man did I ever botch your user name Neuswede. WOW:dizzy: I was going by memory when I did that sorry. Again thanks for posting this info on the dual battery setup. Looking forward to those pics.