1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chevy05, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Im looking at this 2002 Ford f250
    Reg. cab power everything, Includes brand new nwever used fisher 8' hd plow Asking $17,000.

Please let me know what you think...Thanks Ryan:waving:
    More pics later..

truck1.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck2.jpg

2. Groundmovers

Groundmovers Member
    from NE CT.

I really like my 2001 F250...

One thing to consider is that a pickup that is not at least a supercab is somewhat a PIA; just not enough space in the cab. When I was looking for mine, I was specifically looking for a short box, supercab. The short box is a necessity (IMO) when having a plow truck unless all you do are open lots and long driveways with now major obstacles or sharp turns...

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Looks like a real nice truck to me.Just make sure to check it over good and test drive it.Price doesnt seem bad at all How many miles?

I actually prefer the regular cabs for the fact that a short bed truck is no use to me in my landscaping business.

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I think you might be able to find one a little cheaper. I found a 2004 f250 ext cab short box with 35k miles for under 20k

5. somm

somm Senior Member

We could live without the supercab with the custom-color, $1700+ utility back on it, nice looking truck!
    If it really comes with Fisher's plow mounts( no mounts are shown on this truck) and the new-plow - we'd expect to pay about $23,500 for gas and $25,500 for diesel with low mileage and very good preventive maintenance on this Super Duty.

If the back brakes and linings are nearly shot and unnoticed, front brakes, 4x4 hubs and ball joints are all less than 50% capacity, and nobody saw fit to do the 25,000 mile radiator treatment or the 30,000 mile transmission service yet, then yeh Premier, you prolly could buy a SuperDutyXLT for a F150XL price.

6. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

What do you guys get for gas mileage? Just wondering what to expect.
    Thanks
    Ryan:waving: :waving:

Sorry forgot to mention.. Im still waiting on updated pics with the plow and mount...

The milage is 94,000
    Comes with extended warrenty

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  7. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

I was also wondering if anyone uses CARFAx, and if you could get me info on it here is the vin... 1FTNF21L52EA65862

Thanks in advanced...
    Ryan:D

8. you want to know what type of mpg, for god sakes man is a work truck. j/k i get about 10 when i tow and 12 to 13.5 when im not thats with the 5.4 and 4:10 gears

9. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I have a 99 f250 PSD 2x4 and we get about 17 when towing and 20 with out a load and we have 220,000 miles on it.

My Brother has a 4x4 PSD and it gets about 18mpg

10. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

If I were you I wouldn't buy a truck with a regular cab. I think the extended cab (the one with the half door) is the best situation. You have room to keep stuff out of the weather, and it doesn't make the truck longer or take much bed space. The back seat should be able to come out so you can use it as a storage space.

-Thann

11. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

New pics...More coming late tommorrow...

Thanks for all the Imput,,Ryan:waving: :waving:

ford5.jpg

12. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

F-250

I paid $15,000 for my 2003 F250 with 32,000 miles on it.

13. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping Member

Sounds like a good price.. a dealer was asking 19,500 for my 2000 F-250 XLT with a brand new Fisher MM2 plow, around 50,000 miles .. I was able to talk them down to 16,500 so 17,000 sounds like a good price for an 02.

14. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping Member

also, sometimes whoever is selling the truck will give you a carfax if you ask them

15. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Oh yea the dealer messed up on his prices...The truck is going fo $15000!!!!

Ryan:waving:

Thanks for the help

16. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping Member

Now all you gotta do it change Your Name to FORD05:nod:

17. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I bought my 2000 F350 RC PSD with a Western 8' plow last Jan for $12,000.
    I absolutely love the RC, no place to collect junk in the cab like a pack rat. My last truck was a SC, LWB poor turning radius compared to my RC.