1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F-250 powerstroke battery/myers e60???'s

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by smcunningham, Feb 1, 2010.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Ok.....So I plowed for like 15 hours....About half threw when I would power the plow it would start to really suck the juice from the batteries the lights would dim down a good bit..delt with it for the rest of the plowing event left the comm accounts and drove a good 45 miles to my residentail area and the plow worked good with minimum notice in dimage to lights and volt meter in the dash.....guess the batteries are getting old and they charged back up from the 45 mile drive...is this normal or batteries getting old???
    Oh yeah ita a 2000f250powerstroke duel batteries....does it make a difference which one the hot wire comes off of to the plow????mine comes off my passenger side batt.

2. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

thoughts.........anybody somebody

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

possible weak batts. may be a bad connection at the batt. check all connections first.

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Could be weak batteries or even a ground the gets worse the more its used, Is this the first time you have plowed with this truck for that many hours? Could be motor starts to draw more when its getting hot, If you can get an amp meter do some checking hot cold and in between.

5. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

yeah first time plowing w/ this truck............are talking about the plow motor or truck engine?

6. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

plow motor, have seen plows do strange things when they get used for a few hours

7. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

the plow motor is brand new???

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

if the motor is new you have a poor connection more than likely. i see this on a daily basis. did you check all of the connections?

9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

check all your connections and grounds, check your batteries

10. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

11. scott v

scott v Junior Member

The best thing I have found to do is when your done plowing and taking your nap, before you go in hook a battery charger up to one of the batteries and put it on a trickle charge. You use alot of battery power running everything all night long and the alternator will not restore all of the charge to the batteries 100%.
    I have not had one problem with running my plow/heat/xm radio/headlights/cell phone plugged in, since I started doing this. But make sure you test your batteries first and make sure they are not weak!