1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F-250 4x4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Foxfire, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Hi everyone, I am having a problem with my front-end, Just had all the ball-joints replaced, But I still have a bad shake in the front-end when I apply my brakes. If anyone knows what could be the problem I sure could use the Info.. Thanks ............. :help:

2. BigBlu250

BigBlu250 Junior Member

If it's only happening when you hit the brakes, it's probably warped rotors.

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I second the rotors.

4. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

yeah i say the rotors too

5. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Thats what I thought, I bought new rotors & pads. I am at a loss for words on this one.........THANKS !!! :help:

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Did you check the front stabilizer shock?
    Tie rods?
    Idler arm?

7. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I know this sounds stupid but My friend replaced all 4 rotors on his dodge and still had a terrible shake when he applied his brakes. Come to find out one of the new ones was warped from the factory, some kind of defect or something. Might want to look at them again?
    BOAST :)

8. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

That happens a lot Boast. Although not usually necessary, whenever I have to replace rotors I always have them turned and trued before I install them. It also helps remove any residual oils left over from packaging. I have had more than one rotor fresh out of the box that wasn't true.

9. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Hi guys, Still have that shake going on, I have checked everything I can think of. I will not give up until I find the problem. (Question) Where my leaf springs are attached to my frame is their rubber bushings in there ?............

10. naco

naco Member

we just did a f250. that had the same problem. we replaced the entire front suspension, front u-joints, everything, it turned out to be a front hub/bearing race. hope this helps. :D

11. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

You said that you just did a entire front-end on a F-250? If I could ask you what did it cost and what were all the parts replaced? Just bought one and was wondering about doing the same before the first snowfall.