1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lawnworks, May 7, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks Junior Member

Hopefully, next week I am going to purchase a '97 regular cab Ford F-150 for $9000. It is a 5-speed with a V-8, flowmasters, alloy wheels, and a bright red paint job. The only downer is it has 107,000. I can't wait to get it. The kelly blue book value is 12000. I think I am getting a good deal, what do you think?
  2. TylerAssociatesLLC

TylerAssociatesLLC Junior Member

sounds like a good deal, the miles are up there though... where did this guy drive??? that's 30,000 miles a year<br>i paid 4 grand for my 94 f-510, 2wd, 302 v8, auto, air, 8ft bed, 102,000 miles bought it last fall and i'm putting it on the road on wednesday. time to kick some grASS
  3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks Junior Member

I am not sure on the history, but the truck is in such good shape it seems it would have to be highway miles. I am getting a compression check on it Friday and a basic safety check. Is your truck a stick? I put alot of miles on my truck (27,000-30,000) but my truck looks like it does 30,000 a year. Do you think chevys are better. Alot of people do.<p>Rick Wallace<br>LawnWorks
  4. CHC

CHC Junior Member

We use Ford & Dodge trucks; mostly 3/4T or 1T size. F150 has proven to be too small for constant heavy towing, etc. Last 302V8 went 130,000 miles before we had to replace engine. Last purchase was a '92 F350 dump w/41,000 mi. less than $12,000. It takes a lot of patience & hunting. Seems to me trucks are like mowers, we all have our favorites. Good luck<br>
  5. Underdog1

Underdog1 Junior Member

hey man,
    i bought a 97 f150 with 108K miles and a fisher minute mount plow on it a week ago for $11995. its got EVERYTHING and its a real sharp looking truck. We got 23inches of snow two nights ago and it plowed through all of it like a champ. i would definately recomend the truck if your just going to be doing small to midsize driveways or pulling a trailer
    goodluck buddy
  6. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

I just picked up a 97 extended cab 4x4 off road package with a 5 speed, 4.6L, and 163,000 miles for $6000. I put tires and did some exhaust work to it and its ready to go. Truck drives like new. I actually owned the truck about 3 years ago and the guy just sold it back to me. My blizzard 760LT is going on it as soon as the bracket comes in. I love the truck, but the 5 speed isn't too hot for towing, and I plan on plowing in low range to save the clutch.