1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford F-150 v Ford F-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nhplowboy, Dec 13, 2003.

1. nhplowboy

nhplowboy Junior Member

I'm buying a new truck and want to use it for light plowing duty; not a pro or anything like that. Can the 150 really get the job done??
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

A 150 can get the job done. Buying a truck for snowplowing is a lot like buying a sportscar. The more you spend, the faster you will go. The same can be said about plow trucks. The bigger the truck, the more you can push, the longer it will last.

With that said, a 150 would be fine for doing driveways here and there, but don't exzpect it to hold up to the rigors of commercial plowing. Put a smaller blade on it like 7 1/2 foot. After you get the hang of plowing maybe you can invest 200.00 on some plow wings. They are great for driveways because the rubber edge doesn't tear up grass as readily.
  3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I agree with Plow Meister. But for the cost difference I would go 3/4 ton. It will have much beefier brakes,tires,axles,frame etc. As far as I can tell the ride is comparable. I used to only own 1/2 tons till I bought a 3/4t for the diesel. I am so happy with the F250PSD I will never go back to a gasser or 1/2 t.