1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Extended Warrenty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tom Smith, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

Anyone have an idea on how much ford charges for the extended warenty on superduty trucks and what it covers. Im hitting 22,000 miles and i never got any info on it. I thought ford would send me something on it. Im not sure if its a good idea to buy it or not... over the summer months i tend to put alot of miles on the truck.

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Don't quote me on this but I am 99% sure you can't have a plow on an extended warrenty. But I think it costs around $2,000. I just got mine Super Duty F-350 last month and I am pretty sure the price was right around $2,000
    Call your dealer and ask for the finiance Dept

3. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

I'm sure you can if the plow came on the truck when you bought it. I was offered the extended warranty when I bought my truck with the plow already installed. The dealership said I could buy it up until the factory warranty expired.

4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

warranty

I have an '03 with a plow. I contacted Ford, they told me a dealer has to inspect the truck before approval can be made, and because of plowing it is more money. I was given a quote of $3250!!!!!
    Needless to say, I am trading the Ford on a GMC next week when more money comes in...Buy an extended when you purchase the truck, and they cost about 1k

5. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

I'm home now and I'm looking at the pamphlet they gave me. The actual cost for 4 yr or 75k is $1,380. 5 yr 100k is $2,275. This is the OEM Ford Premium care ESP. As long as my truck is still under warranty when I get the ESP, there isn't an inspection. I guess they figure if it's still under warranty you would already get anything that is broken fixed before the end of the factory warranty.

6. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Just read the fine print....The 4 year coverage starts the day you bought the truck, not the day you buy the warranty..Thats what makes it so expensive. I looked into a 7 year, but will only get another 5 out of it...

7. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

Makes sense. I haven't looked at it closely. I still might get the 4 yr though. I've had my rig for a little over a year and I already have 29k on the clock. An extra year doesn't sound like much, but I will be out of warranty less than two years after buying my truck. That's rough... 1,380 does sound like a lot, but compared to a tranny or an engine, that's chump change. I have to really think about it. I take good care of my truck and it hasn't missed a single beat in the full 29k. Knock on wood...

8. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

If you have Plow package you should be OK!

9. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Make sure yiou do yourself a favor...Keep an eye and ear on the front end, while you are under warranty. I have already done, shocks, brakes(pads, and rotors) tie rods, sway bar end links, bushings, brackets, ball joints.......At least this stuff is covered on my truck...caught it with 300 miles left...Makes me nervous how manythings can go wrong with a new truck.

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

These are not plow trucks but, I can tell you the extended warranty can be a good deal! My wife bought a Windstar with the warranty. It cost around $1000,we got a $2500 tranny,a $750 Windshield wiper repair, a new rear defroster ($250) and a new alternator($200) for all of $1000 . Think about it when you buy a new truck! You can laugh at them as they fix it for you for $25 deductible!

11. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

The price depends on which coverage you get on your ESP ie; powertrain only or all the way up to Premium Care. Here is a link to Fords ESP website. Get a quote from them and then call a couple of dealers in your area.

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/?source=adwords

Do not let anyone talk you into a aftermarket warranty at all. I worked at a Ford Dealership in the shop for 6 years then as a Advisor for 4 years and the aftermarket warranties are JUNK and a pain in the ass to deal with.

12. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I bought the extended for my 2001 SD. The plow is on the truck and the dealer assured me that it was covered. My dealer sold me the aftermarket as it was better than the Ford they said. The only thing is that whatever the manual for the truck says for service has to be done or it voids the warranty. Knock on wood all I have had to do till this point is pay for it never had to use it

13. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Steve

Do you know what the aftermarket warranties company name is???

I'm am also not saying that all of them are bad BUT I have not seen one that is a good as having a FORD ESP, you cant beat a manufactureres warranty.

14. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Sorry I dont know right now. I am in Iraq but I asked my wife to look. I will post it as soon as I either get it from her or get home.(YAHOO) Been a long year suffer CRS about everything at home.
    Steve

15. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I have 2 separate extended warranty companies on two different cars. Reliable Choice and Heritage. They were/are both great. $50 deductible $1200 when i bought my cars. 5 yrs or 100k miles from when warranty was purchased. I bought one Jeep with 52k miles and the other with 33k. IMO you have to get the extended warranty! I would have lost my a$$ on both of my Jeeps if I didn't have one. A simple oil leak is VERY expensive. On my Camaro that i had when I was 16, it had a very small oil leak that i took in to get fixed. It ended up being the head gaskets and it was $1400. I had the GM warranty with that car. Thank God!

Extended Warranty...Never Leave Home Without It!

16. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

STAY AWAY from Warranty Wizard. I bought a warranty from them. They do not pay and are in court with the Ohio AG.

17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We got the extended warranty with both Windstar's that we have bought.
    We have got our money back out of them both times in repairs!
    Both have had trannies go and they were rebuilt for about $150 in taxes and rental car costs.
    One had the entire windshield wiper system toast, $600 in parts and labor for $25. Same one had the head gasket pop $1500 repair, $25 in cost.
    They can save your butt for a little cost.