1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford explorer ?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by nailgun, Feb 25, 2010.

1. nailgun

nailgun Junior Member

I have a 2004 ford explorer xls with the 4.3 V6
    Can i plow with this ?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

How much are you gonna plow, just your drive? And what part of the country do you live in?
    You could put a homesteader on
    source:http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=126639#post126639

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  3. nailgun

nailgun Junior Member

my driveway 30 X 150
    my dads drive 30 X 30
    my sisters drive 15 X 30

i am in upstate ny

4. ajslands

Plow with the storm!

5. nailgun

nailgun Junior Member

whats the storm ?

6. ajslands

Seriously?!

7. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Thats scary.

8. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

don't let the snow get to deep or you might have a hard time pushing it the snow. i would not let it get over 6" deep. just so you know this thread probably needs to be in the Non-Commercial Snow Removal area.

9. nailgun

nailgun Junior Member

thanks
    i realized that after i posted that i was in the wrong forum and didn't know how to move
    and since people so far have been so sarcastic i gave up
    sorry

10. xll_VIPER_llx

xll_VIPER_llx Senior Member

What he means is to plow with the storm... meaning do it in intervals rather then waiting for the entire storm to end then go at it in 1 shot, it will be easier on your explorer..... you could get a snowbear plow and do it that way, wont be so harsh on your truck. Good luck!:drinkup:

11. xll_VIPER_llx

Nailgun dont take it to heart, if you haven't plowed before its ok everyone has to start some where ...... i'm not directing this at anyone in this thread but just giving you the heads up that some people are in the frame of mind that if you dont own a $70.000 truck and $8.000 buck plow your just no good. Some of the guys are harsh and think they know it all..... they seem to forget they were once new at it too and it goes to they're head:nod: By the way welcome to plowsite

12. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

i hope i didnt come across that way. you will need to push the snow as far as you can so you will have room for the rest of the year. but remember a plow truck is not battering ram stuff will break if you beat on it real hard.

13. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

man i couldn't have said it better. there is alot of know it alls and think they have the best equipment. welcome

14. xll_VIPER_llx

Thanks hanson ..... i dont think he meant you.:drinkup:

15. ajslands

just don't start at the end of the storm,
    I hope he wasent saying I was being sarcastic?

16. nailgun

nailgun Junior Member

thanks to viper for the explanation. Hanson i also appreciated your input and pointing out about the forum mistake. i realised it but you wouldn't have known that so your response was warranted, and you provided details which helped.
    Being as i was just getting involved in plowing with an atv i was interested in where i could maybe additionally go from here.
    In reading this forum i thought this could be a great place to read and follow to help me see if maybe this could someday make me some chaching........

lots of boneheads run out buy a crappy abused trruck put a plow on it rip off a bunch of unsuspecting customers and in the process destroy trucks and property. This forum seemd to be above that and i hope i was correct in this assumption.

Pardon my questions if they seem stupid i am just learning. and to explain.........i seriously thought the guy who said storm was telling me about a type of plow to buy since he had mentioned a plow brand in the previous post, and i didn't feel like getting abused for my stupidity.

no harm no foul guys... thanks for the assistance and i look forward to more.

17. ajslands

Your welcome, always like helping out another guy

18. xll_VIPER_llx

No problem at all nailgun........ some people are just out to cut to the bone when it comes to new people and i firmly believe that it drives new guys looking for input away from the forum. This is a top notch site with a great bunch of people that would give help anyway possible. :nod:

19. ajslands

I hope he's not talking about me being sarcastic. :cry:

20. xll_VIPER_llx

me? lol hell no!:drinkup: