1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Glesjw, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Glesjw

Glesjw Junior Member

Anyone know anything about them?

I test drove on a while backed, I like the looks, but would it be any good plowwing?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

get a truck

3. Glesjw

Glesjw Junior Member

It's got a truck bed on it, doesn't that count? Just kidding.

4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

I wouldnt expect a whole lot out of it, but it could probably be done if your just doing a small driveway, anything else as in commercial i'd look into something else.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

explorer

be careful depending on the year there are about 8-9 recall's on them ,lots of electrical problems !

6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Its a ranger with some different cab and bed options. Same engine, etc. Go for at least a 150.

7. droptine

droptine Member

Any idea what the recalls are about?

8. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Actually its a explorer with a stretched frame. Rangers design dates back farther and the frame is narrower.

My cousin has had one since 01 with no issues. Has about 80k on it now. Defiantly not a plow truck, the thing can hardly hold a wheel barrow in the bed.