1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford excursion diesel 2 plows needs leveling system

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WhitePlowr, Nov 6, 2011.

1. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

my neighbor has a 2002 ford excursion 7.3 diesel 4x4 manual front locking hubs. its all stock leaf springs all the way around i believe he has a 9' western on the front and some another 7-9ft rear plow lol i know crazy. it doesnt just pop in the trailer hitch its got a full mount. he also built a custom rack to put two snow blowers off the back.the smaller toros he told me or one big ariens. he tells me he needs about 4" of lift in the rear to get level. he also tows a landscaping trailer with it all year round and its his main vehicle so we need something that it wont be a hard ride or jacked up sky high when its all empty and he takes a trip on the highway . we both were thinking air shocks might be the most controlable option but they need to be heavy duty and good qaulity. or should I just get timbrens?? or something else this thing is a tank but needs alittle help. what are the options and send me websites or names please so i can research it . THANK YOU ALL and lets get ready to plow ussmileyflag

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

2 options, unpgrade the leaf springs or add air bags. I would go leafs as he uses it all year and they are simple with no need to add air compressor or manual fill valves.

3. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

I have Firestone bags on my 2000 F350. Works good when I load a pallet of salt just add a little air.