1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford excursion 2" lift how will my ride be???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WhitePlowr, Dec 2, 2011.

1. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

my friend has an excursion he plows with and use a 9' western in the front and a hitch mount plow on the back he wants to jack up the rear alittle because the angle on the rear plow sits to low but wants higher than stock height. so those air bags dont add height right they just level . so what can we use ??? does it have to be a permanent lift or can i use some sort of air lift??? i would llike to return to normal ride after the season. since its such a heavy truck if i added to the leaf springs a 2" lift is it gonna feel any stiffer or just be higher??? maybe something like this .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-Ford-...d|Model:Excursion&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c1c70a3c5

2. TechGuy1234

TechGuy1234 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I am guessing that the truck is 4x4 and its 2000-2006, from that I would say give the firestone 2251 kit a try and I think you'll be happy with it. The kits do help keep the truck level but if you want to run a higher pressure when plowing it’s possible to get an extra one to two inches of lift outta the kit. Then once you’re done just let the air pressure back down to the minimal air pressure.

3. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

2002 limited 4x4 7.3 L PSD yeah want some that can stay lifted the entire time of plowing then can be released after

4. TechGuy1234

TechGuy1234 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Yup that sounds like it would work our great for what you need... You can pressure it up while the plows on and lower the pressure when its off and it will help with the ride.

5. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

but i need a lift of a couple inches these are just gonna level me

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Air bags will add height, they can even level, you're in control with a controller in the cab. A friend of mine has them on his wrangler (but uses them for off roading.) you are able to add height to any side you want, and his (not sure if all do this) but his let all the air out when he turns the vehicle off) also having air ride, you have an onboard air compressor which has a ton of uses out in the field!

7. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

looking for more info still on the situation . if anyone has delt with air bags or a lift please let me know thanks