1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford diesel guys

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselpusher, Sep 5, 2009.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

whats up

as you know idrive a 95 f250 7.3 and i love it. but its jsut getting old and its not to fun taking the girlfriend to the fancy restaurants in it as well as the comfort of long trips

saw two trucks a guy was selling from his landscaping company its an 02 f350 60kmiles ext cab 8ft bed. with a 2008 ultramount and snowex spreader that hell include for 17000 and an 04 same thing for 20000 with 70k miles

all maintained and no abuse

what do you think of the 02 7.3 L as well at the 04 6.0L i know theres problems with that one

any input is apreiciated

times ticking away for snowfall :)
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Quit taking the girlfriend out to fancy restaurants.
  3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Of those two, I'd go with the 2002 with the 7.3 engine. The 7.3 has the reputation of being the most reliable Powerstroke. While there are plenty of good 6.0's out there, I wouldn't put one in my driveway.

Just my opinion. I'm sure the 6.0 liter guys are ready to attack...:gunsfiring:
  4. dieselpusher

hey. im young. if i stop doing nice things for her like that than i stop getting nice things in return ya knowwwwwwwww
  5. dieselpusher

and gps i agree. although its alittle old it still a great deal.
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. I'd drive a 7.3 any day of the week. While I've driven a few different 6.0's both good and bad and use a good 6.0 on the farm, there's a 99.9% chance that I'll never buy one. I prefer the 7.3 over the 6.0 any time.
  7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

My vote is the 7.3. if you want the 6.0, 2007 was the best of its years.
  8. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

If your existing truck is solid and makes you money, keep it and buy a car to go out with. You'll only end up with another old truck in a few years again.
  9. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

I think that is the way to go.
  10. dieselpusher

the trans its on its way out the door, there are no bearings left in the steering wheel. there is more rust than actual body, and the beds ready to fall off
  11. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Sounds like you gotta plow truck.
  12. cretebaby

Beater with a heater.:redbounce
  13. dieselpusher

pretty much ahhaha so a new truck is needed

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Go 7.3 i got a 99 158k on it still goes strong.Has had hpop o-rings,gasket common on these when they get old.Now i got a 04 550 w/6.0 has 20k 4 turbos,oil leak at the glow plug harness all fixed under warrenty but 4 turbos come on?:realmad:My 99 got the orginal turbo,probably shouldn,t have said that. :dizzy:
  15. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

go with the 7.3 and you will not be sorry.
    we have over 100 F series trucks, and the 7.3 trucks run circles around the 6.0 trucks. never break, and most have over 400,000 miles on them.
    the 6.0's are always breaking down, and they all have less than 150,000 miles on them
  16. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

A plow truck that was not abused?????????
  17. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

7.3 all day. my 2000 has 163k on it and no issues. mine a reg cab and the gf loves it that i drive a truck and not a bi*ch car lol
  18. dieselpusher

hahaha i hear ya

thanks for all the imput guys

not to get all squishy squashy....:waving: but hows the interior on the 02s
  19. cretebaby

I like the '02 interior alot better than the pre '02.
  20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I Love the 6.0 I drive at work. It's had a few EGR problems but it's a great engine. The 7.3 is the best choice. I have never had one die under me, other then a bad oil leak on one. A few cam sensors that went bad. But that's an easy fix, carry one with you and the wrench to change it.