1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Debuts 2016 F-650, F-750

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Greenmtboy, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not a Ford guy but that looks sharp..wish there were more pics

3. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Did you check out the video?
    http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/ntea-ford-video/

4. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Truck looks sharp. The only thing I don't like is that they are only putting the 6.7L in it with a Ford trans. Even though they are increasing HP on the 6.7L they should at least offer a different motor and Allison transmission option. IMO it's going to be hard to compete with other class 6 and 7 truck manufacturers.

5. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

The 650 was on our shopping list for next winter especially after the new look, but if they are taking away the cummins/allison combo we will be looking elsewhere.

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Why?

What's the big deal about the cummins that's so much better ?

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a big super duty.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

9. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

After owning a 6.0 I would never buy/trust another ford diesel. The new motor they have has only been in production for 2 years so there is no track record and after Ford not standing behind the 6.0 I wouldn't buy another one.

The cummins that Ford used is a bulletproof motor with a proven track record and is used in many platforms.

The V10 gas is also an option and we may opt for that as we really like it in our 2014 F550.

10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Its actually been in production since 2010 I believe, for the 11 model year. 4 years of production so far, going on 5, and I haven't heard of many major issues that haven't been solved. The 6.7L is a proven engine. And I'm a Chevy guy. By the time these trucks come out, the engine will have at least 6 years under its belt.

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

They have nothing in common.

6.7 was made because of the 6.0

The cummins isn't all that great either. They have a wacky rod angle that is sending positions through the block

12. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

You do know that the 6.0 and 6.7 are made by two completely different companies right? The 6.0 was when Ford was using Navistar, the 6.7 is a Ford built motor. Granted the 7.3 was a Navistar but when you bash something at least know who made it.

And good math skills Thumbs Up

13. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Those trucks are sharp nice combo in house build motor/trans no out sourcing.

14. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I will throw some fuel on the fire. The 6.7 is not a complete ford design. It was a design by CAT that was not produced for some reason time to ask why. Ford bought the design than refined it. Yes they have not had as MANY problems as the 6.0 but when they go bad you will need a new motor.

15. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Have you looked under the hood on a 6.7 Ford vs. Cummins? The Cummins is more complicated than previous models but the Ford is a maintainence nightmare.

16. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

How?

Everything for maintenance is easily accessible lol.

17. finn

finn Junior Member

The 6.7 is a ford internal design project. Cat had nothing to do with it. Ford Dearborn with input from ford Europe and the usual industry consultants, FEV and AVL.

18. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont