1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford CF8000 Plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowTeam5, Dec 11, 2010.

1. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Anyone ever plow with a truck like these. I have a friend that has 4 of them and he said I can have one of them if I wanna try to plow with it. I would try this next year obviously as I am goin to try to pick up a few big trucking warehouses. I would prolly put a 10-12ft plow on it. The truck weights around 12000#'s. I know it has the power to push it but was just wondering if anyone else had some insight.

They are identical to this
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would find a big V box to put on the back of it for both salting as well as weight.
  3. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

I plow with a Mitsu 18000 gvw cab over, 2 w-drive and I love the truck. I have a 10' v-box and a 9' Western. This truck has pushed as well as anything I've run.
  4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You'll probably have to fab a mount for it. But otherwise I'd bet with enough weight it's an animal.
  5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Cab overs are great for plowing. I used to own a UD 1800 with a 9' Boss and 4yd spreader, and it would not only push anything, but could turn sharper than any puck ups we have. Like stated, you'd most likely have to fabricate a mount for it, and make sure you have a plow with removable headgear as well.