1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Bronco Mount

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by trustno1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. trustno1

trustno1 Junior Member

I have a '95 ford bronco. I have been looking a the MD series to mount to my bronco but SnowDogg doesn't list a mount. The closest mount they list is for a '97 f-150. Has anyone tried using '97 bracket on a bronco. I know '95/96 broncos and f-150 basically have the same front end but would the '97 work on my '95?

Thanks, Scotty
  2. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

I just did a custom mount for a 95 Ford F150 for a Snowdogg dealer.

It takes some fabricating to do it.

The 95 ford frame is 39-40 inches wide outside edges.
    The 97-03 F150 kit is 42 inchs wide.

We had to cut the side plates.

We welded a 5" by 42 inch plate across the frame, then welded the side plates to that.
    We then added new side plates on each side of the frame. A couple of 4" by 4" angles
    added to the inside of the frame / front bumper area.

Then we made new 2" by 2" 3/8 thick angle iron push bars that we ran back to the
    frame that were mounted on 3/8 thick 2 " wide plates welded to the frame.

Sorry, I didnt think to take any pictures of the work...

This is our 3rd custom mount we have made for this SnowDogg dealer
    Hummer H3, Toyota Land cruiser and this 95 ford f150.

It is always a matter of looking at the frame and seeing what it will take and then
    making sure you build it strong....

In the past 30 years we have seen a lot of the truck frames with the nose ripped off.
    So we build em to prevent this kind of damage from happening.
  3. trustno1

trustno1 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I'm talking to a guy who has done some fab work for me in the past to see if he'll build me a mount.

Thanks again, Scotty
  4. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

bronco frame

Do you know the distance between the frame? Inside to inside & outside to out side dimension of the frame etc. Snowdogg has many size-pushbars that you can start off with and begin your Fab. Contact your dealer who sell you the Snowdogg plow 1st. They will work with SnowDogg to get you a pushbar. Good luck!