1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Boss V plow ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kcsnowplow, Feb 6, 2010.

1. kcsnowplow

kcsnowplow Junior Member
    from Kansas

Could you fit a Boss V-XT 9'2" v plow on a 2005 Ford F250. I wonder how low it would
    sit when the blade is raised. I know i could get Timbrens would this in fact be the best thing to do does, anyone have pics of their F250 with Boss V plow.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It can be done there is a guy around here that has one on a 4 door F-250 it is a 05-07 body style, It seems to hold it up well can't say if he did anything to the truck though

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No problem and no squat either.Don't need Timbrens.

4. kcsnowplow

kcsnowplow Junior Member
    from Kansas

Does it matter if it's a 5.4

5. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

if it sits low with the plow raised, and then sits level with the plow on the ground, wouldn't that mean you are getting the maximum weight of the plow's scraping edge to the pavement? Who cares how it looks if it plows and scrapes and makes the lot look like $$$$$$$$$$$$$. My Trooper sits low with MT raised, but when I put it down, it scrapes as good as my 29, because the weight is on the blade (down pressure helps too).

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nope. I have the 5.4 in mine with the Boss 8.2 more then enough power for plowing.

7. EXTREMEV

EXTREMEV Junior Member

u will have no problem. Im running a 9.5 extreme v on a 08 f 250 with the 6.4l with no squat or timbrens. If it was a chevy then you would need some help.

8. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

My 08 did not come with the plow package. It dropped 2" and had 1" clearance with the plow raised. I had to change the front springs from 4800# to 6000#. At the same time I added a 1" spacer under the spring. I have 3-4" clearance when the plow is raised. You really do not want much less than 3" with a 9'2" plow. I also added 350 blocks in the rear to convert my 250 to a 350

9. EXTREMEV

EXTREMEV Junior Member

Ya the 6000# springs came with my plow package. Truck sits nice and level with no plow.

10. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

mine currently has a curtis v on it( ran a 8.2 boss last year) which is heavier than the boss. I have the leveling kit and ride rite air bags inside the front coils. Mine hardly moves with the plow on it and raised. rides good when unhooke(for a 1ton anyways) you should be fine with the 9.2 on a 250 in my opinion.

11. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

5.4 is better because the motor doesnt weigh as much as other motors..

12. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Timbrens almost touching springs. 1/2 in drop when plow is raised. Handles fine.

IMGP0028_resize.JPG

IMGP0029_resize.JPG

13. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

keep in mind though your 01 with the leafsprings will handle better then the coils in my opinion. My 01 barely squated either but the 06 went down pretty good until I put the bags inside the coil, and for 70bucks it was well worth it.

14. wilfred

wilfred Junior Member
    from 01747

One of my older fords a 1997 f-250 power stroke, I went to a spring shop and had an xtra leaf added, this made the truck level and it squatted less with the plow raised. It cost about two hundred to do it, money well spent.

15. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

You make a good point. Maybe I had too many beers in me ( or not enough! ).

16. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

i have a 04 f-250 4x4 crewcab with a 5.4 and a 8'2'' boss V the truck has more than enough power the only problem is the truck is long as hell . my forman that drives it does a great job with it i always put it on bigger lots with nice straight runs. i just had to get the 4x4 module for the transfer case nob and ford couldnt find me the part and last week before we got a 28'' storm i finally found one at a junk yard and threw it in the truck and got it programed so far so good the truck worked all weekend and tonight were gettin another 14''-20'' so $$$$$$