1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford axle shafts

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ljrce, Oct 5, 2005.

1. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

Has any one ever snapped the ears on ford axle shafts i will post pics in a couple hours of the ones i snapped

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

What year and what axle?

3. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

75 ford f100 dana44 i belive it is the front ones

4. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

yes quite a few times in my 85 even though it is a TTB it has the same D-44 setup. Since you broke yours i am going to assume your axle shaft u-joint are held in with the C clips and no the full circle ones that go on the top of the cap. I keep an eye on mine since the knuckle is open so much, but the most common thing to do is put a little spot weld, maybe 2 on each cap to keep them from working out of the shaft. The caps work out of the shaft then the eaar snaps from the u-joint pushin on it

5. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

i will post pics of shaft tommorow