1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Auto Locking Hubs

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ajordan193, Feb 9, 2007.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Selling a pair of Ford OEM 4X4 Auto/Lock Hubs Part Number 1C3Z-3B396-CB with retaining rings for 1999-2004 Ford Super Duty (F-250, 350, 450, 550) and Excursion. .

These hubs are in good condition and were functioning both automatically and manually when removed from vehicle. There are a few marks on them from removal but nothing serious. Ready to install!

$250.00 SHIPPED

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

The factory ones are junk just my 2 cents. I just had to replace mine after 5 years of plowing and I could not see spending almost 300.00 on one lock out assembly when I bought a set for just under 200.00 and they are completely stainless steel from mile marker. Also Warn makes a good set to.
  3. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

I replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. I went with a new set of Warn's. $200 with a lifetime warranty. Not a bad deal. Just do yourself a favor & throw them in with a bunch of scrap metal, you'll get more for them that way.
  4. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Not to be sarcastic, but good luck selling them. I have never heard of anybody wanting or liking the factory lockouts. Everybody swaps them out for a set of aftermarket lockouts. I got my Warn premiums for $175 shipped. Always locked when I need them and always unlocked when I wanted, never any guessing or vacuum seals to go bad.
  5. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Does anyone make automatic locking hubs for a 2001 f-350? all i found was manual lockouts. a link would be awseome thanks
  6. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

The hubs are the same 99-04 excluding dually applications. The hubs are manual/auto locking, meaning if you flip the switch inside the truck & your hubs aren't locked, they will still engage due to the vacuum lock system. But if your vacuum seals leak (and most Super Duty's do) you have the option to flip the hubs to a manual lock system. Which means regardless of the vacuum seals working or not you can still engage the 4wd.