1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford A-62 Articulating Loader. $9000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jsin607, Oct 7, 2009.

1. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

2. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

hey i got a ? for you im looking at a loader like this in chicago does it fit on a bobcat trailer?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where in NY?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No.....................

5. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

...and pull it with a f150 5.4L?... on a serius note, no you would not be able to put this on a bobcate trailer, maybe a deck-over behind a dump truck.

Nice machine, where in NY?

6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

thanks guys i havent looked it yet but i know the price is good and i only have a bobcat trailer

7. maklandscape

maklandscape Junior Member
    from mass

just going to ask the question again where in newyork and how many hours any rebuilds whats the history

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

There is a guy in Pa. selling an A66 for 10grand.

but that is a good looking A62

9. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Not to much help, but his phone number is registered in Equinunk, PA, so if the machine is in NY I would guess somewhere between Binghamton and Port Jervis?

10. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

ok ok, relax guys.

I am 4miles from the NY side.

Hancock NY 13783
    Equinunk PA 18417

Close to I81 or Route 17 in NY.

Not sure about the rebuilds, or exact hours.
    It runs good, and these FORD motors are invincible.

It is in good shape and priced pretty cheap, check machinery trader there are 1970's machines with 9k hours priced over 12,000

Welcome to come take a look, I am negotiable on the price, for a serious buyer who has the ability to pay and pick it up this week.

11. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

And no, you can't tow it on a bobcat trailer, unless that bobcat trailer is 25 foot long as rated for 15-20,000 pounds.

12. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

Mapquest Equinunk, I am dead center, 20 miles from I81, 20 miles from Route 17.

I also have a 98-99 Dodge 3500 4x4 flatbed dump, and an 89 f450 4x4 diesel with a 10 foot dump.

13. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

Come tomorrow with $7600 cash, and drive it around a while, load it, and go.

Offer is only valid until 5PM, or until someone on eBay buys it. :)

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I can't read the build date, what year is it?

15. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

Its not an actual date on the tag, I think its some code, you would have to look up.
    I am pretty sure its an 88 or 89, ill check in a minute.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I thought it said 88. How long have you owned the loader for and have you used it much in the last year?

17. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

I have owned it for about a year.
    It came from a Summer camp, hence the really good shape its in.
    It has been used around the yard here, to push stuff around, smooth out ruts, etc.

Everything works, and for the price, $7600, you really cant beat that with a stick...
    These machines with 8000 hours are still work 10-12k.

If anyone wants to go on a shopping spree there is a Dresser dozer, 315 Cat excavator, and a gehl skidsteer for sale, and the two dump trucks.

I think the code does say "8812b"

18. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

I picked it up in sort of a package deal, and its really not much use to me.
    It just hangs out and does trivial things like push junk out of the way, or smooth out some ruts in the yard.

I considered getting some grapple forks for it, and keeping it around to use on log landings, but once again, its too big to be useful for me.

It is just tied up cash, that I could use for other stuff right now.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks. It's a great deal but I'm over 6 hours away. I will say your making me a little nervous about wanting rid of this stuff so fast.

20. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

bump for a great deal. if i wouldnt have just picked up a duramax plow truck.i'd be on my way to get it.