1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford 7.3 Power Stroke - What years??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Carriage House, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Carriage House

Carriage House Junior Member

I have purchased a 1999 F-550 Super Duty chassis that needs some engine work or replacement. If I do end up swapping it out what range of years could I use for a donor engine? I want to make it as simple a swap as possible; same wiring harness etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm usually a chevy guy but couldn't pass up this deal.

2. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I beleive that the 99 - 03 were the same motors. I am no auto mechanic by any means but all the reading I have done on my 03 seems to point to those years being the same trucks parts wise.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

well depends. Its it a 98.5-99.5 or a 99.5-2000. There is a big difference. Also the 2000-2003 7.3 had a different intercooler. Personal I would drop a 12 or 24 cummin in it if your going threw all that trouble.