1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford 6 litre makes gobble noise

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fordman6442, Feb 11, 2005.

1. fordman6442

fordman6442 Junior Member

I accelerate moderatly from about 50 to 70 km and then slack off there is a distinct "gobble gobble gobble" noice comming from the left front of the engine compartment. I had this happen a month ago and again yesterday and today. My ford dealer says this is normal but I don't believe that, the noise can be heard loud enough to hear it over the radio sounds. It isnt always there and that is baffling. HELP PLEASE?? :cry:

2. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken, this noise is air slamming into the turbo when you let off and close the throttle plate,if there is one. The compressed air that should be going into the engine slams into the throttle body plate. Kind of like water hammer when you shut a faucet quick.On my turbo Buick it would do the same thing, but it was more of a snort than a gobble. Really no cure for it unless you install a pop off valve somewhere in the system, which, I would not recommend due to warranty issues...

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Hey try to remember we guys in the USA use Miles Per Hour for our measure of speed,ya throw us for a loop with km's. A power stroke will make a few noises here and there that you never heard before,but it's just how it runs. It's a very good engine it will not let you down! With no waste gate on the turbo it will make noises when you back off on the throttle.

4. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

same thing here

Yeah I have the same noise coming from the left area too.Took it back to the dealer and they said it was the boost dumping out of the turbo.