1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford 555C Backhoe $9500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by donleybrent, Jan 13, 2012.

1. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

This is an 89 555c with about 6000 hrs on it. Runs good and everything works except the turn signal lights that are broke. It has new rear tires about 300 hrs ago. Standard hoe and 2wd. Tight cab with heat and radio. Comes with 24" rear bucket. 4 stick backhoe control.

Asking $9500
    Located in Marlette Mi 48453

Can be sold with the 10ft Pro tech for extra $

2. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

More pics

It is 4 speed with shuttle shift.

3. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

I used to have a Ford Backhoe/Loader . Those 4 stick controls can be an issue for someone that has no experience with them . Most people can't operate anything that isn't either Deere or Cat controls , especially young fellows that don't have much experience . Kinda fun to watch though !
  4. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The first backhow I ever ran was an old Ford 555. Summer of 95. DIdn't have any issue with hydraulics. It was a fun machine. They upgraded the next season to a Cat 416B, a really sweet machine that they still have.
  5. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Someone needs a great backhoe. I dont need the money so offer me some trades or something. Really looking for something either smaller like compact tractor or another skidsteer. A decent 2trd loader would be nice also. I have cash I can throw in if needed.
  6. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

$8900 if anyones interested
  7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

You're not giving our youngins any credit there oneoldsap.That's because you're right.And for the record, not all 4 sticks were born equal.The ones in my first hoe--a Fat Allis I600 [Allis Chalmers],you almost needed 2 hands just to yank 1 lever.I still have a callous on the back of my 1 finger for extending the dipperstick on my old 3820 Cornbinder.Sure is nice now though with my pilot controls on my 410G Deere.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

i too have run one of these before. Great machine to run. The backhoe controls were tricky, but I got used to them. Free bump for ya.