1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford 5.4L help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kmkalf, Nov 30, 2011.

1. kmkalf

kmkalf Junior Member

currently we have a '06 Ford E350 5.4L in the shop that had a code for cylinder 3 misfire (believe code is a p0308), my fellow tech replaced all spark plugs- cylinder is getting spark by a visual check, ck for fuel out of the #3 injector and was not getting any- replaced the injector and still not getting fuel, currently there is no engine light on and we are physically able to unplug the ignition coil for that cylinder and hold it outside the van and there is no change in engine performance and the engine light never comes on. We are at a lost for words here. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Bad electrical connection in the harness to the injector? Only two reasons an injector won't fire: no fuel or no juice.

3. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

Coil pack. I believe each cylinder has one....

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah any misfire I've ever had was a coil not a spark plug, and I've replaced hundreds.

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

They notorious for misfire with bad coil pack. Rubber boot get crack and let spark jump to head instead spark plug.

Check compression before spend all parts that never fixed issues you had now.

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Also check for terminal tightness on the injector wiring plug in.

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Ii had a coil bad on my v10, I'd start there.

8. kmkalf

kmkalf Junior Member

sorry for the delay guys but it was a bad coil pack, thanks again