1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford 2x4, occassional plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rebel7695, Apr 25, 2011.

1. rebel7695

rebel7695 Junior Member

What do yall reccommend? We get very little snow but I do have several accounts that require snow removal. I am talking maybe using this plow 5 times a season, at best. Maybe none, lol. Would a 99 ford f350, dually,with a heavy dump bed, work? TWO WHEEL DRIVE? thats the real question. How often do you see 2x4's doing snow removal?
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

we use them here in jersey all the time, and if you know what you are doing, we have no problem in 12inchs+ snow.
  3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I think you shouldnt have any problems with that as long as you plow with the storm. I have seen that done here and as long as there is a fair amount of weight over the rear axle you shouldnt have any problems. Get some agressive drive tires too, that will help. Good luck, Dave
  4. rebel7695

rebel7695 Junior Member

thanks.... surely will have more questions!
  5. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

2wd dually is absolutely fine for even heavy plowing. You just need some really heavy ballast.
  6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

good skinny tires and enough weight, you should be just fine =]
  7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Ford makes lumber? 4x2 not 2x4Thumbs Up