1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford 260C with a plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Diesel_brad, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

Ok guys, I have a Ford 260C. It is a Industrial 4wd Loader tractor that weighs about 10,000lbs. Rear tires are loaded, have dual weight , chains and a have a 1,400lb "weight box" on the 3pt hitch(I also have a 8' rear scraper blade I want to make power angle, yes I have a rear remote)

The widest point of the tractor is 6'8" and my bucket is 7'

I made the bucket quick connect just like a skid steer for my forks, bucket, grapple bucket,&plow.(I do NOT have the hydraulics setup for the grapple or plow yet).

Anyway, what I am asking is what size plow should I get? I am partial to Western, but would consider a Fisher. I really like the idea of a Western Prodigy. I have one tight spot at my neighbors that is only about 8- 8.5' wide so I need to fit thru there

Machine is question
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Beings this is in the "non commercial section", I'm guessing your just doing your own stuff & a neighbor or 2.....with that said, a prodigy would probably work just fine(no need to run anymore than basic hyd lines to operate it, & still get more than just a basic straight blade)....but I would still be cautious, because I doubt that plow could handle much abuse with that much weight behind it..?...

Btw, cool looking truckThumbs Up
  3. Diesel_brad

Yeah, after looking at the cost of a prodigy, I think I'll pass.

I am pretty sure a 8.5 or 9' would be ideal. It is just so hard to find one of those. Everything I keep finding is a 7.5'

I found a Loegering Power Angle 8' for $1500 but I think it is just going to be too small

Maybe I'll wait till next fall to find something
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  4. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Maybe consider a 7.5 with the a set of prowings to keep the cost down? Not sure how they'd hold up with all that weight pushing them either, but maybe worth looking at.
  5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I have an older 8' fisher plow laying at my yard in nj. Sell it for $500 cash if your interested. Has both angle rams.
  6. Diesel_brad

I am thinking 8" is going to be a bit small. Where are you in NJ?
  7. Diesel_brad

I bought a Western 8.5' last night. Fully angled it will cover 7'4" SO I am golden. Now to make the mount and get a 3rd have to power it
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015