1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford 250

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Husky, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Husky

Husky Junior Member

1989 ford f250 4x4 duh,,,automatic 155" wheelbase extended cab guy wants 4450,,good idea to start with? ill of course need a plow
  2. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Get a Chevy!!!!! Dont get a Ford. Get a Chevy 2500HD 4x4, snow plow prep.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

thats a long truck to plow with are doing res and com
  4. bcf

bcf Senior Member

If doing drives, be ready for some 20 point turns. i have the same truck, except it's a '90, and what a PITA to manuever. I even have to back up to some drive thru windows because the turn is too sharp.
    and unless it's in excellent condition, it sounds like too much money.
  5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

well dont buy a chevy trust me. i own a ford and love my ford. i say but the truck and get a plow.
  6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

FORD built tuff!!!!
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i dont know the dodge with the 600 diesel is pretty tough i seen alot more older trucks then chevy or fords on the rd
  8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

buy what you like be it ford chevy dodge or other. I agree with the others if your doing residential you don't want the truck to be too long because it will make things very difficult. Buy what is best suited for you and the kind of plowing you are doing. 4,450 is not bad, what kind of condition is it in, how many miles?
  9. DJC

DJC Senior Member

cummins diesel from what i have seen will rip a dodge apart. I have talked to a lot of people about it They hate the noise.